THE FUTURE ANALYSIS OF CETANE NUMBER
Cetane number at constant volume
AFIDA – ADVANCED FUEL IGNITION DELAY ANALYSER
Afida is the new revolutionary fully automatic analyzer that determines the cetane number at constant volume CN (cv) of diesel oil and biodiesel. The analyzer is equipped with a unique and patented high-pressure injection system that generates very fine drops of fuel similar to the modern common rail injectors currently applied in the automotive industry.
Direct correlation with the CFR engine, EN ISO 5165 (ASTM D613)
The analyzer provides fast and efficient determination of cetane number (CN), the tests are fully automated via an integrated 36-position autosampler.
With the traditional CFR engine the cetane number is determined by comparison with the main reference fuels (PRFs).
Existing CVCC technologies (including IQT and CID510 tools) provide a derived cetane number (DCN) based on a correlation equation applied to the sample start-up delay.
The new Afida generation is a significant step forward because using the same primary references as the CFR method provides the cetane number measurement.
Features and advantages
- Bench-top analyzer
- Fully automatic measurement
- Very small sample volume, about 40 ml
- Quick analysis, about 20 minutes per sample
- 20-place autosampler
- Minimum time required for the operator
- Precise and reproducible determination, controlled by software, of the CN (cv)
- Calibration with approved primary reference standards (PRFs)
- Excellent correlation with EN ISO 5165 & ASTM D613
- Advanced electronically controlled high pressure injection system
- Safe operation – integrated security monitoring functions
- Results saved to PC or for download
- Proven calibration stability